Thursday, November 8, 2012

15 in 17 - part five (Mesa Verde)


A couple tips if any of you decide to visit Mesa Verde in Southwestern Colorado...  Don't bring a dog, and come with a full tank of gas.  Unfortunately I didn't know either of these, so my trip wasn't as good as it could have been.

It takes a lot of driving to get anywhere in the park because it's all canyon, but it really does have some spectacular views.


The park is most famous for the native american cliff dwellings carved into the rock face.  This was about the best view I could get because dogs aren't allowed on the trails, and people aren't allowed without a tour guide - which takes more time than I was willing to leave the dog alone in the car for. 


Here's a quick study I finally got around to doing yesterday:


Next up, Canyonlands!! (my personal favorite)


2 comments:

  1. Oooh, what pretty country! I like your interpretation. Jim Gurney's been doing a series on Asher B. Durand over on his blog, and your landscapes remind me of his. Kind of that exaggerated sublime landscape.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked this part of the article. with an interesting topic has helped a lot of people who don.t challenge things that people should know. Let me keep this page, an introductory greeting

    ReplyDelete